Let’s face it, family holidays can be expensive.
Travel, accommodation, activities and meals can all stretch the budget to the limit.
We’ve discovered great ways to save money so we can HOLIDAY MORE and are committed to getting the BEST DEALS on our family holidays, every time.
Use these tips to GET THE BEST DEALS when booking your next family holiday.
#1 – Look for SPECIAL OFFERS
Special offers are EVERYWHERE, you just need to look.
Holiday accommodation, theme parks, activities, cafe’s and restaurants across Australia are fighting for your attention in a marketplace where the competition is fierce. Take advantage of this and you are GUARANTEED to save money on your next holiday.
Our favourite SPECIAL OFFERS;
- Stay 2 Nights Get 1 Night Free
- Book Early and Get Upgraded
- Kids Eat Free
- Become a Member and Get 50% Off Kids Activities (Big4 Holiday Parks)
- Special Offers mean we HOLIDAY MORE!
- The Waterpark at Treasure Island Family Resort
#2 – Book OFF PEAK
You can save heaps of money planning your family holiday outside of peak periods. We LOVE holidaying in the last 2 weeks of January, even though it’s still school holidays at many holiday destinations it’s not considered a peak period. I suppose everyone is broke from Christmas and is stretched buying all those back to school supplies.
It always amazes us how some of the best holiday destinations have high vacancy rates at this time.
Perfect for us to get a great deal and have an awesome holiday.
#3 – Ask for a DISCOUNT or UPGRADE
I’ve got to be honest, I’m not great at this, but my hubby is shameless when it comes to asking for discounts and he asks and receives on a regular basis. Travis see’s it as a challenge and puts it right out there at the start of every booking conversation. Obviously this is only achievable if you are making a booking in person or on the phone. Below are some of the discounts my husband has asked for;
- Stay 5 Nights Get 2 Nights Free, even though deal ended one month before our holiday
- No additional fee for meal for third child even though dinner deal stated 2 adults, 2 kids
- After discussing our loyalty to a particular resort on the Sunshine Coast QLD with their reservations manager
- my hubby asked for an upgrade from an economy room to a deluxe family room and the manager was happy to oblige. INFACT there has never once ever been a time that my husband has not asked for an upgrade when we are booking into accommodation.
- When hiring a motor home for a road trip my hubby asked for an upgrade and we were given the biggest and best motor home in the fleet. I told you he was shameless!
#4 – Use VOUCHERS
I never thought I’d be a voucher kind of a girl but times have changed and I LOVE vouchers.
There are so many fantastic online platforms where you can get vouchers these days and these are our go to favourites;
#5 – Book LAST MINUTE
This is a new one…. Once upon a time it was best to book early BUT things have changed and internet platforms like www.lastminute.com.au have created an environment where bagging the best deal sometimes means waiting until the last minute to book.